Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pesto Gnocchi with Black Olives

Pesto Gnocchi with Black Olives
I cannot believe that this is my first entry of April! Where has the time gone?! I am sad to say that April will only have a few recipes since I have been on vacation for the most of it.  I haven't really had the time to sit and make food, since come on who cooks on vacation?! I decided though that I would finally post the one recipe that I did make right before I left.  It's a super fast and easy recipe that anyone can make! You can make this as a side dish, but easily double the recipe and make it as a main dish! The inspiration of this dish is from twopeasandtheirpod.com.

Have you heard of gnocchi before? It was definitely my first time hearing about it, but since it's made from potatoes (which I LOVE) I decided to give it a shot.  You can find gnocchi right in the pasta isle and they can come in one solid cream color, or different colors like mine!
Gnocchi found right by the pasta
Ingredients for the Gnocchi
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
1 package potato gnocchi
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup onions
3 cloves garlic
2.25 oz can sliced black olives
1/3 cup basil pesto
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Instructions:
1. According to package instructions, boil the gnocchi (should be around 3-8 minutes).
2. Chop the onions and mince the garlic.
3. Heat the oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat.
4. Saute the onions until they become golden and translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the gnocchi, making sure that each gnocchi is touching the skillet (single layer), and let them fry for 4-5 minutes without moving the gnocchi.
6. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes making sure to turn them occasional so that all sides are nice and golden.
7. Add in the black olives and stir for another 30 seconds.
8. Remove from heat and add in the pesto sauce. Make sure that all the gnocchi and black olives are nicely covered with the pesto sauce.
9. Top with Parmesan cheese.
10. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment