Friday, May 11, 2012

Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Hey everyone! I know it's been a very, very long time since I have last updated, but here I am trying to get back in the routine of everything! I have officially finished my first whole week of work and let me tell you, it's awesome! Working during the day, getting the evenings completely off to do whatever has really been great. I just love this life so much better than school life!

Anyways, so I made these cookies the other day and it was a complete hit! So many flavors that just blend perfectly with each other. The inspiration of this cookies comes from Giada herself (if you watch the cooking channel, you know who I am talking about).  I made this on the bigger side, just so the center was nice and soft while the edges were nice and crispy.  Yum!

Ingredient for Cookies
Ingredients (26-28 cookies):
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
8 tbsp butter (I used smart balance)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
4. Add in the egg and vanilla extract to the mixture in step 3.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients from step 2 to the wet ingredients in step 4.  Mix well until everything is moist.
6. Add in the oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is incorporated.
7. Drop 2-3 tbsp of mixture (in a ball) on cookie sheet and press down on the top of the ball to flatten slightly.
8. Bake in over for about 15-17 minutes until nice and golden.
9. Cool for about 10 minutes.
10. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment