Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Balsamic Double Tomato Bruschetta

Balsamic Double Tomato Bruschetta
Hi my lovely viewers, if I have any out there that is! Who knows, but I do this blog for myself so it shouldn't matter right?! (Okay it matters a little, but shhhh that is our little secret).  I am going to try real hard again to post a recipe a week, but again no guarantees.  With working full time, it's so tiring to get home and not only cook, but take pictures and blog about it.  BUT I am going to try my hardest to get back into it!

So I have made this recipe a bajillion times and love it every time.  This time however I made it a little bit more healthy? I basically left out the cheese part of it, but don't worry, that version will come soon enough! This one is super quick and the only real time consuming part is the chopping, other than that, you mix everything up and are ready to go! It's super delicious so go ahead, like RIGHT NOW, and give it a try!

Ingredient for Bruschetta
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
  • 6 roma tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup onions
  • 1/3 cup basil
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1/8 cup pickled jalapenos (optional)
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 loaf of French baguette

Instructions:
1. Slice the loaf in 1 inch slices.  If you buy from a bakery (I bought mine from Safeway), they will slice the bread for you at no extra cost.
2. Dice the tomatoes and onions, slice the sun-dried tomatoes, chop the basil, and mince the garlic. (I had some pickled jalapenos that I diced up and tossed in as well, but this is totally optional).
3. Mix the tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic, and jalapenos (optional) together in a bowl.
4. Add in balsamic vineger, olive oil, salt, and pepper into the mixture. Make sure that everything is properly mixed. Taste and add more salt and black pepper to your liking.
5. On a baking sheet, lay out all the pieces of the French baguette and broil on low in the oven for about 2-3 minutes. (Mine are a little darker because I forgot about them and had them in for 5 minutes!)
6. Top each baguette piece with the mixture (step 4) and you are ready to go!
7. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment