Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Pumpkin Spice Cookie with Cream Cheese Frosting
 Hi everyone! I am blogging and look it didn't take me a whole month to do so! Wow, something weird is going on right, I guess it makes sense since it almost HALLOWEEN! So since it's pumpkin season and who doesn't love pumpkins, I thought I would blog about this AMAZING cookie that I made tonight adapted from mybakingaddition.com! It's beyond delicious and sooooo easy to make! Now you can totally leave out the frosting, it still tastes awesome without it, but I prefer my cookies with a tad bit of frosting! And you can also decorate it however you want! I didn't have any sprinkles on hand, so opted with just making my frosting orange! 

Anyways, try this out and see what you think.  I am definitely taking the extra into work tomorrow.  Don't want to keep these cookies around the house or I might end up eating them all! Oh and incase I don't get to blog again before Halloween (let's hope that isn't the case) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Ingredients for Cookie
Ingredients (15 BIG cookies): 
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpking
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup flour
----------Cream Cheese Frosting----------
4 oz light cream cheese
1/2 tbsp butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, and canned pumpkin.
3. Add in the egg and mix.
4. Sift together the baking soda, cinnamon powder, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
5. Add in the dry ingredients (step 4) to the wet ingredients (step 3). 
6. Take 1/4 cup of mixture and place on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes.
8. While cookies are baking, mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and milk together until they are well combined.
9. Place frosting in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes so frosting hardens (if it's already hard and easy to place on top of cookies, then you can skip this step).
10. Let the cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes before putting the frosting or any other decorations on.  
11. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment