Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chunky Guacamole

Chunky Guacamole
I know, I keep promising that I am going to update my blog more frequently, and then I don't.  So now I am not going to be making any promises.  Once a month? Haha, I can't even use the excuse of being busy.  I am less busy (but more tired) than I was last year when I started this blog.  Oh well, as long as I keep cooking, I guess that is all that matters.  My new goal, twice a month!

Anyways, this is my favorite guacamole recipe! Everyone absolutely loves this whenever I bring this over.  This recipe is intended for about 20ish people, so please make accordingly.  I was requested this recipe so many times, and I am terrible because I am just making the blog for it! Anyways, enjoy!

Ingredients for Guacamole
Ingredients (18-20 servings):6 hass avocados
1 can sweet corn (15.25 oz)
1 can black beans (15 oz)
1 cup onions
1 of a red bell pepper
1/4 cup black olives
2 roma tomatoes
1-2 serrano pepper
1 tbsp garlic
1 /2 cup of cilantro
3-4 small limes
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions: 
1. Dice the avocados.f  A trick with avocados  is you want to cut them while they are in their shell and then take them out.  In a medium bowl, place the diced avocados and squeeze 2 of the small limes and mix the avocados up well.  Make sure to keep the avocados in small cubes and not smash them up.  This is why this avocado is consider chunkier than others. 
2. Dice the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, serrano pepper, mince the garlic, and cut up the cilantro. Take each olive and slice them horizontally (Sometimes you can find cans that have olives sliced for you).  
3. Mix all ingredients (Step 1 and 2) together with the corn and black beans and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.  Squeeze the rest of the limes as well on top.  Combine all ingredients and taste to see if more salt, pepper, or lime juice is needed.  
4. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment