Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Acorn Bites

Acorn Bites
Whoa...who am I?! Am I really trying to come back to writing this blog after MORE THAN A WHOLE YEAR!?  First before any food talk, a little bit of insight on my life the last year for my 5 viewers :)

Well, what can I say?  I officially took a hiatus from this food blogging business for the first year of my marriage!  I got married October 26th, 2013 to the love of my life, Faraz! From my last blog (July 30, 2013...again who am?!) I was really stressed the last half of 2013 planning my wedding and moving out of my parent's house.  (Check out my friend's blog, Farhana from Engineered Baker, to see some pics from our wedding!) If you are married you know how it is, you get caught up with being married.  The first year has been quite the adventure with getting used to living with someone, getting a routine going, getting things around the apartment set up, going on trips, having dawaats, etc.  But a year later, I have to say, WE HAVE IT DOWN!  We have an amazing routine and honestly we compliment each other so well.  I cook, he cleans :) I mean, come on, how can it get better than that?!  Anyways before I get on with food talk, here are a couple pics from our beautiful 3 day wedding :D

October 25th, 2013 - Gaye Holud / Mehndi
Faraz and I :)
My bridesmaids!

October 26th, 2013 - The Actual Wedding!
     
Bridesmaid and Groomsmen can't even keep us apart ;)
Fall is definitely my favorite season now!
October 27th, 2013 - Walima / Wedding Reception!

Okay so now that I got my wedding out of the way, on to food talk.  Now that I live on my own and can't rely on my parent's cooking food, I have been cooking a lot, and I mean a lot! You know how they say the first year of marriage you eat out a lot?  Not us, we almost NEVER eat out unless it's a special occasion.  My passion for food has found a new level this last year which is why I haven't really blogged.  I cook so much that it just slips my mind to step a side and take pictures of it all.  But I promise, I will try to get back into blogging.  I have experimented a lot this past year, and I want to share it all with you all!  

So on to today's very easy recipe that requires no baking or cooking! Just a little assembling that is easy enough for kids to do.  I have made this almost every Thanksgiving for the last few years.  It's something my sister and I (and now Faraz) do together :)  Try it out as a cute little nibbler for your Thanksgiving table this year!

Ingredients for Acorn Bite
Ingredients (75-80 acorns):
1 - 12oz bag of Hershey Kisses (any kind works, I used Caramel filled ones for mine)
1 box of Ritz Bits (Peanut Butter tastes best!)
75 - 80 mini chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
1/4 cup vanilla frosting

Instructions:
1. Unwrap all the Hershey kisses. Place them on a plate.  
2. Frost the bottom of the Hershey kisses, stick one Ritz Bit to the bottom of the Hershey kiss.
3. Frost a little dot on the top of the Ritz Bit, stick one mini chocolate chip to the top of the Ritz Bit.
4. Let dry for at least 30 mins.  Repeat until you run out of all the Hershey Kisses.  
5. Decorate all the acorns on a pretty plate and add them to your Thanksgiving spread! 
6. ENJOY!
 

1 comment: