Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pineapple Fried Rice

Pineapple Fried Rice
Wow, I am so sorry for a long hiatus! I promised more updates sooner, but I got sick and I was out for a good 3 days with the flu! But I am back! I still have a good couple weeks left before I start my job, so there is still plenty of time left for me to do some good posts! Oh, in my defense, last Sunday I cooked up a feast, but wasn't able to blog about any of it because of being in a hurry and not being able to take pictures! But I did do a lot of cooking, just not for my blog!

I had some company over today and wanted to make a couple things for them. I made Pineapple Fried Rice and also Lemon Bars, which I will be posting about tomorrow! Both turned out delicious, which I do admit were said to me by my company and my family since my tastes buds have yet to recover after my flu! But I will go ahead and trust their judgement since they usually don't lie, especially my dad! Alright, enjoy everyone!

Ingredients for Fried Rice
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
1 cup pineapple pieces
4 cups cooked (Basmati or Jasmine) rice
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 scallions
1/3 cup onions
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger
2 green chilies
1/4 cup basil leaves
1 egg
1 cup broccoli
-----Stir-Fry Sauce-----
3 tbsp chicken (or vegetable) stock or broth
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
-----garnish items (optional)-----
1/8 cup fresh coriander powder
1 scallion
1/4 cup cilantro

Instructions:
1. Chop up the scallions, onions, mince the garlic and ginger, cup up the chilies, basil, and broccoli..
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the rice to break up the rice into individual pieces that stand alone.
3. Heat a wok or large frying pan with 3 tbsp of oil on medium-high heat.
4. Add scallions, onions, garlic, ginger, chilies, basil, and broccoli to wok. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes or until onions become a little transparent. 
5. Move everything in the wok aside and add the eggs.  Cook the eggs like you would when you scramble eggs.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, curry powder, and sugar until they are will combined.
7. Add the stir-fry sauce to the wok.
8. Add the white rice to the wok and make sure the sauce covers all of the rice. This should only take a couple minutes.  Make sure not to over stir and mix by lifting rice from the bottom and bringing it to the top. Over mixing can cause the rice to become mushy.
9. Add the pineapple pieces to the wok and make sure to mix everything.
10. Do a final taste test.  If rice is not salty enough add more soy sauce, if not spicy enough add more chilies or sriracha sauce, and if too salty add lemon juice. 
11. Garnish the fried rice with coriander powder, scallion, and cilantro.
12. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment