Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cheesecake Yogurt Cupcakes with Strawberries and Blueberries


Cheesecake Yogurt Cupcakes with Strawberries and Blueberries


It has been over a month since I have blogged! I feel so terrible about it! I need to get back to the rhythm.  I have been cooking, but I am always rushed and do not have the time to take pictures and record the process.  But I am going to try to find my routine of cooking again!  I am back at it and I hope that I can keep my promise of updating at least once a week. 

It’s been a crazy couple months, with starting my new job and getting into the groove of everything.  I love how my schedule is and having evenings and weekends free of everything.  It’s also wedding season with my friends which makes my extra time filled with wedding festivities! Life is good J

Okay back to the cooking! Tomorrow is Fourth of July, and I thought as a way to celebrate that I would post a red, white, and blue inspired recipe! I made this a while ago, but it was very yummy and I can’t wait to make it again.  I only made 12, but I feel as if the less amount I make of something, the bigger the hit it is in my household! Anyways, have to thank SkinnyTaste for this marvelous recipe! Try it out and I promise even though it may be low calorie, it will not disappoint!

Ingredients for Cupcakes
Ingredients (12 cupcakes):
12 vanilla wafers
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
2 large egg whites
1 tbsp flour
8 oz strawberries
8 oz blueberries

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each cupcake liner.

3. Gently beat, with an electric mixer on low speed, the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Slowly add in the yogurt, egg whites, and flour to the mixture in step 3.  Make sure and beat until everything is incorporated, but do not overbeat.
5. Pour mixture from step 4 into each cupcake liner, only filling the liner halfway.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the center is set and does not move.
7. Cool for at least 20 minutes before refrigerating it for at least an hour.

8.  Cut off the tops of strawberries and slice them.
9. After the cupcakes have cooled, top with fresh strawberries and blueberries. (Optional: I had some marshmallow sugar glaze that I had made which I also put on top of the cupcakes and fruits, but this is not needed!)
10. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment