Sunday, July 29, 2012

Coconut Cookies N' Cream

Coconut Cookies N' Cream
Hi, everyone! So it's been beautiful in Seattle the last couple of days.  I dare say hot even! Now if you know anything about Seattle, you know that we cherish over 70 degree weather like none other! I remember when I had school during warm weather, over 65 degrees meant students in the quad wearing bikinis! And believe me I wish I was kidding!

Haha so anyways back on topic, the hot weather made me think of making some good old ice cream in my ice cream maker! It's been a while since I have made any ice cream, but I saw this really easy recipe online (from twopeasandtheirpod.com) and decided, alright what the heck, let's give it a go!  It turned out so delicious! In fact, my best friend came over and she might have ate about half of the batch.  I didn't make too much, because I still have yet to get a legit ice cream tub to store my ice cream after making it, so I like to make enough to just stay in the freezer for a couple days.  More days in the freezer without a proper container means more frozen ice than ice cream! Anyways, so here is the delicious and SUPER easy recipe that is absolutely DELICIOUS!

Ingredients (6-8 servings): 
13.5 oz of coconut milk (Chaokoh brand is what I used)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
10-12 Oreos
Instructions:
1. Crush the Oreos into tiny pieces.
2. In a blender, blend the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder together until they are all well combined. 
3. Pour mixture in the canister of your ice cream maker.
4. Follow instructions according to your ice cream maker (each maker is slightly different).  This is where you will need ice and rock salt for your frozen yogurt to properly form (the measurements for this was according to the ice cream maker that I have, yours might be different).
5. Ice cream maker will churn the mixture for about 30-40 minutes before your mixture is turned into frozen yogurt. During the last 5-10 minutes of churning (mine starts to slow down slightly which is when I know it's time) add the crushed Oreos to the canister.   
7. You can eat the ice cream right away or store it in a air tight container in the freezer.
8. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment