Sunday, January 29, 2012

Banana Blueberry Bread

Banana Blueberry Bread
I had some very, very ripe bananas and some extra blueberry left over, so I was thinking of what to make with it.  Since the Chocolate, White Chocolate, & Banana Muffins, was such a hit at my house, I thought I would go ahead and make my favorite banana bread with the addition of blueberries!  Let me tell you, fresh out of the oven, is absolutely DELICOUS, but if you eat it the next day, just heat it up (maybe add some butter) and wow, it's still absolutely DELICIOUS.  Anyways, this recipe is amazing and you won't regret following it exactly!
Oh on a side note, the riper the bananas, the sweeter you bread will taste.  So take a few bananas, toss them in the fridge and forget about them for a while!  They might look pretty bad, but inside it's still good! Okay on with the recipe!


Ingredients for the Bread
Ingredients (makes one loaf):
non-stick baking spray
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 eggs, beaten
  • 4 medium very ripe bananas (riper the better!)
  • 3 oz blueberries
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon poweder (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan.
3. Mash the bananas so no large pieces remain. 
4. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. 
5. In another bowl, cream together melted butter, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
6. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas into wet ingredients (mixture 5). 
7. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture.  Stir to just moisten, do not over stir. 
8. Fold in blueberries.
9. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with cinnamon powder.
10. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.  If you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean, indicating it is done. 
11. Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
12. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Made this for my friends tonight and it was gone in seconds. I knew I should have made two loaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have the same problem! I always make just one loaf, and by the next day it's all gone! If you have a lot of people and it comes fresh out of the oven, it's definitely a hit! Glad everyone liked it :)

      Delete