Sunday, January 22, 2012

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I love potatoes!  Baked, deep-fried, steamed, ANYTHING, almost as much as broccoli that is!  Mashed potatoes is always my go to comfort food.  I love having it on the side with anything. Chicken, beef, you name it.  It's really easy to make and taste fabulous, even reheated the next day.  I made this to accompany my Salisbury Steak in Mushroom Gravy recipe and let me tell you, it was amazing! They complimented each other very well.

I like my mashed potatoes on the more chunky side, so the next time I make this, I want to make sure and not mash it up all the way and calm down on the liquids.  However, if you like them all mashed up then go ahead!  Also, you can use almost any kind of potato for this recipe, red, yukon, whatever, as long as you cut them up equal sized and boil them long enough. Alright, on with the recipe!

Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
2 lbs red potatoes (about 5-6)
6 garlic cloves
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt (or more/less to taste)
1/8 tsp black pepper (or more/less to taste)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Instructions:
1. Peel potatoes and garlic. Cut potatoes into medium-small pieces.
Make sure and halve these potatoes!
2. In a large pot, place potatoes, garlic, and enough water to cover over high heat.
3. Bring water to boil and reduce heat after boiling.
4. After 15-20 minutes, check to see if you can easily pierce potatoes with a fork, if you can they are ready.
5. Drain out water and add sour cream, broth, milk, salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro directly to pot.
6. Mash up with a masher or in my case a fork (I do not own a masher). Place into serving bowl.
7. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment