Saturday, January 28, 2012

Raspberry Lemon Bar

Raspberry Lemon Bar
Last weekend was a weekend filled with desserts! As I mentioned before, I love all things tart so this dessert was perfect for me! I loved the tangy bars along with the raspberries.  Now, if you want this dessert on the more sweeter side, just add a bit of sugar to the filling or add half the amount of lemon juice. On a side note, raspberries, along with blueberries are my FAVORITE berries.  They are so delicious, and yes I know it's not the season right now, but Safeway had a sale going on and so I stocked up on my favorite berries.

This recipe is from twopeasandtheirpod.com, and man they sure can throw down some mean desserts. Like all desserts at my house, this was again gone in just a couple of days.  I guess it helps having so many people in and out of my house and a mom with a pretty big sweet tooth! Alright already, let's get on with it!

Ingredients for the Bar
Ingredients (about 15 bars):
non-stick baking spray
1 1/2 cup graham cracker
6 tbsp salted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 lemon, zested
2 egg yolks
14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 tsp lemon zest
6 ounces fresh raspberries

Instructions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray.
3. Crush graham crackers (I used a blender, but a food processor or any such item would work).
4. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and zest of one lemon until crumbs are evenly moistened.
5. Press graham cracker crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the baking pan creating the crust.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature.
7. While the crust is cooling, mix egg yolks and condensed milk. 
8. Add lemon juice and one teaspoon of lemon zest.
9. Stir mixture until it starts to thicken a bit.
10. Fold in raspeberries, making sure to fold slowly so not to break the raspberries.
11. Pour the filling over the crust.

12. Bake for 15 minutes.
13. Cool to room temperature.  Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
14. ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment