Friday, January 13, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies!
Ever heard of a PB&J cookie before?  I didn't either until I was roaming around Punchfork and came across these cookies.  I was instantly intrigued at the concept and just had to make them for myself.  I mean who doesn't love PB&J Sandwiches?! I know it's my go to lunch item, or even snack item, when there is nothing else around to eat!

These cookies are VERY peanuty, so be forewarned.  This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes's
Uncle Mac's Peanut  Butter and Jelly Cookies, with just one change.  I only had Jiff's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter so I used that instead, but it ended up, in my opinion, tasting even better because of the pieces of peanuts! Alright, enough with the talk, let's get on with the recipe! 

Ingredients for the Cookies
Ingredients (about 30 small cookies):
1 cup Jiff's Extra Crunch Peanut butter (any peanut butter works)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fruit Jelly (I used blackberry, strawberry, and apricot)

Instructions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. 
2. In a medium bowl, cream together peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
All ingredients minus the jelly in a bowl
All ingredients minus the jelly creamed together
3. Roll 2 inch balls and place onto baking sheet.
4. Take the end of a wooden spoon to make a shallow hole on the top of the balls. The hole on top does not have to be very large since when baking, it will become bigger.
5. Put any kind of fruit jelly in the hole.
Jelly filled holes
6. Bake for about 10 minutes and let it cool for about 5 minutes after.
7. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment