Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chocolate, White Chocolate, & Banana Muffins

Chocolate, White Chocolate, & Banana Muffin
We had a ton of bananas at our house, and I was in the mood for some muffins as was my sister.  My family loves banana bread so I thought why not add in my favorite food: CHOCOLATE! I went around looking for the perfect recipe and came across a promising one.  After making it, I knew I had made the right choice.  Thanks to fortheloveofcooking, I was able to make a delicious muffin, that was pretty much gone in a couple days! FYI, I only had 3! Better hide some of these away in a secret place before they all run out!

Ingredients for the Muffin!
Ingredients (about 2 dozen muffins):
3 ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter, the better!)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cup flour
3/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients, softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs, in a medium bowl.
4. Whisk together dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, in another medium bowl.
5. Slowly add mashed bananas to wet ingredients.
6. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
My sister, on the left whisking the dry ingredients & her friend on the right combining the wet ingredients.
7. After dry ingredients are combined well with the wet ingredients, add half of the white chocolate chips.
8. Pour batter into greased (I used non-stick spray) muffin pan about 3/4 way full. Batter will be slightly sticky and thick, but that is how it's suppose to be.  I need to get a new muffin pan, but I have these cute little heart-shaped cups that work perfectly!
9. Use the rest of the white chocolate chips to add about 5-6 of them on top of each muffin.
10. Place in oven for about 22-25 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
11. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment